DSc in Philology,
Professor of Russian Language and Literature, Head of the Department of Russian Language and Literature, Ca’ Foscari University (Ca’ Foscari, Venice, Italy).
Russian literature of the 19th century; comparative studies; Russian Modernism; Russian emigration.
Head of the project dedicated to the Russian emigration in Italy in 1900–1940.
Member of the Faculty Council of the PhD Program in Contemporary Languages of Culture and Society (Eastern Europe Section).
Editor-in-Chief of the journal “Russica Romana” (with Giorgio Ziffer).
1998 – present — Professor of Russian language, literature and history of Russian culture at the Ca’ Foscari University.
Author of over 100 scientific publications.
Selected scientific publications
Russian presence in Italy in the first half of the 20th century. Encyclopedia, comp. by A. d'Amelia, D. Rizzi. Moscow, ROSSPEN Publ., 2019. 863 p. (In Russ.)
- “From ‘Italian’ Memoirs of the Russian Diaspora.” Alexander Solzhenitsyn House of Russian Abroad Annual. Moscow, 2016, pp. 167–175. (In Russ.)
- “Quelque chose d'indéfinissable que je voudrai appeler – intellectualité esthétique: Sergei Makovsky’s Correspondence with Andrei Beloborodov and Maurice Sandoz.” Archivio russo-italiano X / Russian-Italian Archive X. Salerno, 2015, pp. 233–273. (In Russ.)
- “Lettere a una distinta e cara signora. Giovanni Maver, Evel Gasparini e Olga Resnevic Signorelli.” Vari, Kesarevo Kesarju. Scritti in onore di Cesare G. De Michelis. Firenze, Firenze University Press, 2014, vol. 23, pp. 347–364. (In Italian) (Co-author: Ziffer G.)
- “Emilio Cecchi ‘russista’.” Paralleli: Studi di letteratura e cultura russa. Per Antonella d'Amelia. Salerno, Università di Salerno, Collana di “Europa Orientalis”, 2014, pp. 423–436. (In Italian)
- “Russians in Italy. ‘Not a Wide River, but Many Streams...’. Based on Materials from the Encyclopedia.” Voprosy literatury, no. 3 (May – June), 2013, pp. 184–217. (In Russ.)
- “Djagilev, i russi e l'Italy.” Omaggio a Sergej Djagilev. I Ballets Russes (1909–1929) cent'anni dopo. Atti del convegno internazionale, Venezia 19–20 novembre 2009, a cura di D. Rizzi e P. Veroli. Salerno, Università di Salerno, 2012, pp. 55–76. (In Italian)
- “‛L'amicizia non è una vana parola.’ Lettere di Andrea Caffi a Olga Signorelli.” Europa Orientalis, vol. IV, 2009, pp. 347–402. (In Italian)
- “Kheraskov Translator of Pope: A Russian Manuscript in Venice and the Birth of Russian Sentimentalism.” Newsletter — study group on eighteenth century Russia, vol. 34, 2006, pp. 48–65. (In English)