- УДК / UDK: 822.214.171.124
In the early work of V.V. Mayakovsky, the images of the estate and the dacha were usually interpreted in a humorous way, associated with the bygone noble life. However, it was in Kuokkala, Levashovo near Petrograd, that the poet wrote significant parts of the poems “Cloud in pants” and “Mystery Buff.” Dacha life in Pushkino near Moscow together with L.Yu. and O.M. Brik in the summer of 1920–1929 also contributed to his creativity. This place is mentioned in the title of “An extraordinary adventure...”, the events of this work unfold there. The plots of the poems “Attitude to the young Lady,” “In the Heine way,” “Dacha Case” etc. are associated with a summer pastime. Individual chapters of the poem “Good!” were first read at the dacha in the summer of 1927. The materials of the poet’s notebooks no. 8 (January–May 1921) and no. 15 (January–June 1922), provided by the V.V. Mayakovsky State Museum, form the basis of the research. The article examines the work on the poems of 1920 and the poem “The Fifth International,” which most vividly reflected the features of the poet’s village life. Fragments of notebook texts are published for the first time.
- Keywords: V.V. Mayakovsky, L.Y. Brik, Pushkino, “An extraordinary adventure that happened with Vladimir Mayakovsky in the summer at the dacha,” Mayakovsky’s notebooks no. 8, no. 15.
- For citation:
Mikhalenko, N.V. “The Poetosphere of the Dacha in V.V. Mayakovsky’s Works.” Literaturnyi fakt, no. 3 (25), 2022, pp. 233–251. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.22455/2541-8297-2022-25-233-251
1. Brik, L.Iu. Pristrastnye rasskazy: Vospominaniia, dnevniki, pis’ma [Biased Stories: Memoirs, Diaries, Letters]. N. Novgorod, Dekom Publ., 2003. 324 p. (In Russ.)
2. Briukhanenko, N.A. “Perezhitoe” [“Experienced”]. Imia etoi teme: liubov’!: Sovremennitsy o Maiakovskom [The Name of this Topic is Love!: Contemporaries about Mayakovsky], comp., introd., comment. by V.V. Katanian. Moscow, Druzhba narodov Publ., 1993, pp. 180–187. (In Russ.)
3. Zimenkov, A.P. “‘Neobychainoe prikliuchenie…’ V. Maiakovskogo v tekstologicheskom rakurse” [“‘An Extraordinary Adventure...’ by V. Mayakovsky in a Textual Perspective”]. Kornienko, N.V., editor. Tekstologicheskii vremennik. Russkaia literatura XX veka. Voprosy tekstologii i istochnikovedeniia [Almanac for Textual Studies. Russian Literature of the 20th Century. Questions of Textual and Source Studies]. Moscow, IWL RAS Publ., 2009, pp. 291–302. (In Russ.)
4. Katanian, V.V. Lilia Brik: Zhizn’ [ Lilya Brik: Life]. Moscow, Zakharov Publ., 2002. 287 p. (In Russ.)
5. Katanian, V.A. “O nekotorykh istochnikakh poemy ‘Khorosho!’.” [“About Some Sources of the Poem ‘Good!’.”]. Novoe o Maiakovskom [New about Mayakovsky], vol. I. Moscow, AN SSSR Publ., 1958, pp. 285–324. (In Russ.)
6. Maiakovskii, V.V. Polnoe sobranie proizvedenii: v 20 t. [Complete Works: in 20 vols.], vol. 1: Stikhotvoreniia, 1912–1923 [Poems, 1912–1923], ed. prep. by R.V. Duganov, A.T. Nikitaev, A.P. Zimenkov, V.N. Terekhina, ex. ed. V.N. Terekhina. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2013. 612 p. (In Russ.)
7. Maiakovskii, V.V. Polnoe sobranie proizvedenii: v 20 t. [Complete Works: in 20 vols.], vol. 3: Stikhotvoreniia, 1927 – pervaia polovina 1928 [Poems, 1927 – the First Half of 1928], ed. prep. by V.N. Diadichev, ex. ed. V.N. Terekhina. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2014. 559 p. (In Russ.)
8. Maiakovskii, V.V. Polnoe sobranie proizvedenii: v 20 t. [Complete Works: in 20 vols.], vol. 4: Stikhotvoreniia, vtoraia polovina 1928–1930, stikhi detiam 1925–1929 [Poems, the Second Half of 1928–1930, Poems for Children 1925–1929], ed. prep. by V.N. Diadichev, A.P. Zimenkov, S.A. Kovalenko, T.A. Kupchenko, N.V. Mikhalenko, V.N. Terekhina, ex. ed. V.N. Diadichev, A.M. Ushakov. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 2016. 778 p. (In Russ.)
9. Maiakovskii, V.V. Polnoe sobranie sochinenii: v 13 t. [ Complete Works: in 13 vols.], vol. 1: Stikhotvoreniia, tragediia, poemy i stat’i 1912–1917 godov [Poems, Tragedy, Long Poems and Essays of 1912–1917], text prep. and notes by V.A. Katanian. Moscow, Gosudarstvennoe izdatel’stvo khudozhestvennoi literatury Publ., 1955. 464 p. (In Russ.)
10. Maiakovskii, V.V. Polnoe sobranie sochinenii: v 13 t. [ Complete Works: in 13 vols.], vol. 4. Stikhotvoreniia 1922 goda, poemy, agitlubki i ocherki 1922–1923 godov [Poems of 1922, Long Poems, Propaganda Campaigns and Essays of 1922–1923], text prep. and notes by V.A. Arutcheva and Z.S. Papernyi. Moscow, Gosudarstvennoe izdatel’stvo khudozhestvennoi literatury Publ., 1957. 452 p. (In Russ.)
11. Mikhalenko, N.V. “O rabote V.V. Maiakovskogo nad tekstami k plakatam (po materialam zapisnykh knizhek)” [“On the Work of Vladimir Mayakovsky with Poster Texts (According to his Notebooks)”]. Literaturnyi fakt, no. 2 (24), 2022, pp. 37–53. https://doi.org/10.22455/2541-8297-2022-24-37-53 (In Russ.)
12. Panchenkov, V.V. “Dachnye adresa Maiakovskogo na Akulovoi gore” [“Country Addresses of Mayakovsky on Akulovaya Gora”]. Tvorchestvo V.V. Maiakovskogo [The Creativity of V.V. Mayakovsky], issue 4, book 2: Vladimir Maiakovskii v kontekste mirovoi kul’tury [Vladimir Mayakovsky in the Context of World Culture]. Moscow, IWL RAS Publ., 2020, pp. 237–238. (In Russ.)
13. Rait, R.Ia. “Tol’ko vospominaniia” [“Only Memories”]. Maiakovskii v vospominaniiakh sovremennikov [Mayakovsky in the Memoirs of Contemporaries]. Moscow, Goslitizdat Publ., 1963, pp. 236–278. (In Russ.)
14. Russkoe slovo, 1913, 8 May. (In Russ.)
15. Chukovskii, K.I. “Maiakovskii v piatnadtsatom” [“Mayakovsky in 1915”]. Odnodnevnaia gazeta leningradskogo otdeleniia FOSP “Vladimir Maiakovskii,” 1930, 24 April. (In Russ.)
16. Iangfel’dt, B. Liubov’ — eto serdtse vsego: V.V. Maiakovskii i L.Iu. Brik. Perepiska 1915–1930 [Love is the Heart of Everything: V.V. Mayakovsky and L.Y. Brik. Correspondence in 1915–1930]. Moscow, Kniga Publ., 1991. 287 p. (In Russ.)
Acknowledgements: The research was carried out in the A.M. Gorky Institute of World Literature of the Russian Academy of Sciences with the financial support of the Russian Science Foundation, project no. 22-18-00051.