- Author: Tatyana M. Dvinyatina
- УДК / UDK: 8184.108.40.206
- About the author:
Tatyana M. Dvinyatina, DSc in Philology, Senior Researcher, А.M. Gorky Institute of World Literature of Russian Academy of Sciences, Povarskaya 25 а, 121069 Moscow, Russia.
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9772-6910
- Author 2: Sergey N. Morozov
- About the author 2:
Sergey N. Morozov, PhD in Philology, Senior Researcher, А.M. Gorky Institute of World Literature of Russian Academy of Sciences, Povarskaya 25 а, 121069 Moscow, Russia.
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4986-3291
This is the second article in a series of works devoted to the definition of copy texts of I. A. Bunin's prose. Research conducted after the publication of the article “Ivan Bunin’s Prose Works. An Approach to the Choice of Copy Texts for a Critical Edition”, allowed us to clarify the chronological boundaries within which the writer's works should be printed according to their own and for each group strictly defined principles of text submission. If, at the first consideration, one of these boundaries was proposed to be considered 1920 — the year of Bunin's departure from Russia, later the analysis of specific textual stories of Bunin's stories of the 1917–1920's made it necessary to shift this border to 1917. All the stories written in these years, both in their figurative and thematic structure, and in their printed history, belong to the next, émigré period of the writer's work. Therefore, like other works of this time, they should be presented in Bunin’s Complete Works with the texts of their last lifetime publications, and not the last Russian publications before 1920, as should be the case for works written in previous years.
Acknowledgements: The publication was financially supported by the Russian Scientific Fund, grant no 17 –18 –01410 –П “Academic Bunin. Source studies, textual criticism, methodology”.
- Keywords: I.A. Bunin, archival materials, textual criticism, the choice of base text, a collection of essays.
- For citation:
Dvinyatina, T.M., Morozov, S.N. “I.A. Bunin’s Prose of 1917–1920. On the Copy Texts Issue.” Literaturnyi fakt, no. 3 (21), 2021, pp. 220–227. (In Russ.) https://doi.org/10.22455/2541-8297-2021-21-220-227
- Dviniatina, T.M., Morozov, S.N. “Proza I.A. Bunina. Vybor osnovnogo teksta (k postanovke voprosa)” [“Ivan Bunin’s Prose Works. An Approach to the Choice of Copy Texts for a Critical Edition”]. Literaturnyi fakt, no. 2 (16), 2020, pp. 68–79. DOI: 10.22455/2541- 8297-2020-16-68-79 (In Russ.)
- Morozov, S.N. “Periodizatsiia tvorchestva I.A. Bunina” [“Periodization of I.A. Bunin's Works”]. Metafizika I.A. Bunina: Mezhvuzovskii sbornik nauchnykh trudov [ A. Bunin’s Metaphysics: Interuniversity Collection of Scientific Papers], issue 4. Voronezh, 2018, pp. 7–13. (In Russ.)