PhD in Philology
Associate Professor in Russian Literature, Senior Researcher at the Department of Slavic Studies, University of Tartu (Tartu, Estonia).
History of Russian literature; Symbolism; pre-Symbolism; works of I. Turgenev, A. Blok, etc.
“Turgenev as Percepted by Russian Symbolists (1890–1900s)” (1999).
Member of the international editorial board of the series “Acta Slavica Estonica”.
Member of the editorial board of the journal “Literary Fact” (Moscow).
Associate Professor at the Department of Russian Literature, University of Tartu. Courses: “Literature of Russian Realism of the 19th Century”, “From the Russian Classical Heritage”, “Estonian-Russian and Russian-Estonian Translation”, special courses on the works of Chekhov, Leskov, Sluchevsky, Turgenev, Blok, Russian Symbolism, etc.
Selected scientific publications
- “Poetic Meanings in A.A. Fet’s cycle ‘Romanzero’: Translating Music into Word.” Wiener Slawisticher Almanach. Sonderband 93: Ideological Contexts of Russian Culture of the 19th – 20th Centuries and the poetics of translation. Peter Lang, 2017, pp. 117–132. (In Russ.)
- “Translation as ‘Interiorization’: Friedebert Tuglas as a Translator of A.N. Tolstoy’s novel ‘Peter the Great’.” Acta Slavica Estonica IX. Studies in Russian and Slavic Philology X. Translation Strategies and State Control. Tartu, 2017, pp. 135–154. (In Russ.)
- “A.A. Fet’s Poetry in the Pre-revolutionary School Canon.” ACTA SLAVICA ESTONICA IV. Studies in Russian and Slavic Philology. Literary Criticism IX. Textbook Texts: Russian Pedagogical Practice of the 19th Century. and Poetic Canon. Tartu, 2013, pp. 79–88. (In Russ.)
- “Ieronim Yasinsky: Position and Reputation in Literature.” Blok Collection XVI: Alexander Blok and Russian Literature of the First Half of the 20th Century. Tartu, Tartu Ülikooli Kirjastus, 2003, pp. 36–51. (In Russ.)
- “ʽNapoleon’ by D. Merezhkovsky: the Right to Historiosophy.” Studia Russica Helsingiensia et Tartuensia VIII: History and Historiosophy in Literary Refraction. Tartu, Tartu Ülikooli Kirjastus, 2002, pp. 239–251. (In Russ.)
- “Pushkin in ‘The Little Devil’ by F. Sologub.” Pushkin Proceedings in Tartu 2: Materials of the International Conferencem September 18–20, 1998. Tartu, Tartu Ülikooli Kirjastus, 2000, pp. 306–321. (In Russ.)
- “I.S. Turgenev’s Works Estimated by Valery Bryusov.” Studia Russica Helsingiensia et Tartuensia VI: Issues of the Border in Culture. Tartu, Tartu Ülikooli Kirjastus, 1998, pp. 111–126. (In Russ.)
- “Turgenev in Fictional Prose Works Published in ‘Apollon’.” Studies in Russian and Slavic Philology. Literary Criticism. II. (New Series). Tartu, Tartu Ülikooli Kirjastus, 1996, pp. 191–208. (In Russ.)
- “I.F. Annensky as an Interpreter of I.S. Turgenev.” Blok Collection XIII: In Memory of V.I. Bezzubov: Russian Culture of the 20th Century: Metropolis and Diaspora. Tartu, Tartu Ülikooli Kirjastus, 1996, pp. 63–73. (In Russ.)
- “I.S. Turgenev's Short Story ‘Faust’: The Semantics of the Epigraph.” Studia Russica Helsingiensia et Tartuensia IV: ‘Native’ and ‘Alien’ in Literature and Culture. Tartu, Tartu Ülikooli Kirjastus, 1995, pp. 167–177. (In Russ.)