PhD in Philology
Professor at the Department of Slavic Studies, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Harvard University (Boston, USA).
Scopus ID: 56803961400
Russian lyrics of the 19th and 20th centuries; culture of the Silver Age; Russian avant-garde.
Teaching activities (courses):
George Balanchine: Russian-American Master; Russian lyrics of the 19th century; lyrics of Russian Symbolism.
Prepared for publication in English the works of Andrey Bely, Mikhail Kuzmin, Vladislav Khodasevich.
Translator. Author of articles on the lyrics of Russian modernism and the Russian avant-garde.
Selected scientific publications
- Andrey Bely: Spirit of Symbolism. Ithaca, NY, Cornell University Press, 2019. 352 p. (In English)
- Pushkin and His Friends: The Making of a Literature and a Myth. An Exhibition of the Kilgour Collection. Harvard University Press, 2005. 108 p. (In English)
- Mikhail Kuzmin: a Life in Art. Cambridge, Mass., Harvard Univ. Pr., 1999. 463 p. (In English) (Co-author: Bogomolov N.)
- “Chodasevič and Belyj: A Parody Revisited.” Russian Literature, vol. 83–84, 2016, pp. 249–258. (In English)
- “Correspondence between Andrey Bely and Vyacheslav Ivanov (1904–1920)”, introd., text prep. and comm. by N.A. Bogomolov and J. Malmstad (USA). Russian Literature, no. 2, 2015, pp. 29–103. (In Russ.)
- “Sergei Diaghilev ‘The Russian’: Reflections on the Repertory of the Ballets Russes.” Experiment, vol. 17, no. 1, 2011, pp. 47–64. (In English)
- “Bathhouses, Hustlers, and a Sex Club: The Reception of Mikhail Kuzmin’s Wings.” Journal of the History of Sexuality, vol. 9, no. 1–2, 2000, pp. 85–104. (In English)
- “Toward the History of Peterburg.” Russian Literature, vol. 18, no. 1, 1985, pp. 1–19. (In English)
- “A note on Mandel'štam's ‘V Peterburge my sojdemsja snova’.” Russian Literature, vol. 5, no. 2, 1977, pp. 193–199. (In English)